Thursday, December 18, 2014

Friends,

It has been a rather difficult year, with many challenges, not the least of which is the loss of three dear and wonderful friends.  Not since the AIDS epidemic hit California so many years ago, have I lost so many friends in such a narrow window of time.  In September, my extraordinary friend, Terry Gates, passed unexpectedly.  As a screenwriter, artist, photographer and author, he left an indelible stamp on me and many others, with his enormous talent and incredible persona. 

His photographic work extended over a period of almost fifty years and much of his early work was for the purpose of presenting ideals for the characters in his screenplays, one of which elicited favorable comment from none other than Orson Welles.


His plane ride with Timothy Leary was a definite adventure, which few of us ever had the opportunity to share, and was just one of the many unique experiences that helped to shape his creativity.  As I mentioned, he was/is an extraordinary friend and I miss him, terribly.

Physically, my mobility challenges have grown, but I am not complaining.  I am, after all, a very fortunate person.

I wish everyone a very happy and joyful holiday and best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year!


KJ

No comments: