Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Friends,

The fall weather prompted a trip to central France, and then up to Mulhouse, to take in the terrific exhibit of vintage voiture on display at le Musée de l'Automobile Mulhouse.  I had hoped to see more Delage autos, but they were not in abundance.  However, one cannot accuse the museum of being without great visuals.  I have included a photo of one of the Mercedes Benz models that appealed to us.  I can confirm that, although we asked nicely, they did decline our request to take it for a ride:

 
It was balmy and warm, in October, surprisingly.  Perfect travel weather for France, in my estimation.  When I went for my morning walk before breakfast, in Colmar, I was greeted with the quiet street scene, below.  A mere ten seconds later, it was teeming with children heading for school and adults off to earn their geld.  It seems that autos are not allowed to pass through this street, which made it nice for me and my walking sticks.


All in all, it has been an interesting year and I hope for the sake of everyone on this orb that sanity seeps into the mindset of our leaders, so that we can all live in peace and enjoy prosperity.


Best wishes to everyone, for the new year.

KJ   

No comments: