Monday, July 21, 2014

Friends,

It has been a few months since my last post and, in this second-by-second world we live in, this is a travesty, for some.  I do not believe that everyone wishes to know when I last ate at Siobhans on the Black Sea, my shopping habits in Paris, nor do they wish to know the progress of my day-to-day activities.  Perhaps I am a dinosaur in this aspect of my personae?  Perhaps.  Most of my personal news would be mundane, such as activities related to autos, home, garden, workshop, and other areas of import in my life.

The most significant recent development in my life is the passing of my mentor and dear friend.  For those of you who have a copy of my book, she is at the top of the list of those to whom I offered recognition.  She was a remarkable woman and someone who altered the direction of my life, in a very positive manner.  Without her influence, I am not so sure that even I would like me.  The value of her gift is immeasurable.

My counsel to those who would listen: remember your teachers, mentors and guides - the ones who steered you in the right direction and reminded you to listen to your inner voice.

KJ      

No comments: